Notice: Read this to be informed of the new features added to the successive versions of XQuare Fusion.
- Maintenance release (bug fixes).
An 1.2 version is currently been prepared and will support the XQuery 04 April 2005 syntax and several XQuery enhancements.
Version 1.1 beta 2
General / J2EE integration
- JDBC DataSources supported and accessible through JNDI.
- The Apache Commons Logging API is now used for warnings and traces.
- Apache Connection Pool (DBCP) and log4j integrated in the distribution.
- Full HTML documentation through Apache Forrest.
- The configuration file is now optional when only documents are queried.
- Support for PreparedStatements: server-side performance can be perceptibly improved.
- Bug fixes.
Version 1.1 beta 1
- Support of the "W3C Working Draft 12 November 2003" XQuery syntax.
- Support for functions (views) and modules.
- Support for computed constructors.
- Preliminary support of conditional expressions in the return clause.
- Enhanced support of standard XQuery serialization allowing (as much as possible) the user to get uniform and conformant output from the various RDBMS supported.
Supported data sources
XQuare Fusion currently supports two types of data sources:
- Relational data sources, accessed through XQuare Bridge.
- Another XQuare Fusion wrapping a set of data sources.
XQuare Fusion can also directly access XML documents.